About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Still Crazy After All These Years....





In case yall haven't noticed, it's been quite a while since I blogged. Starting a new life, relocating and having major surgery kind of puts the whammy on ya. Doing The Big Easy on Low Carb was not only a passion of mine ~ it was a way of life.  Eating properly, exercising and being motivated to do those such things put things into perspective.






When your balance is knocked off, its not that easy to think things through, or to follow your heart or make life changing decisions.  Things fall by the wayside.  Everything is at a Halt. So like the sails on a boat in the wind ~ we need to change direction, appropriately adjusting the sails, and move on.  Landing.




But how do we get back to where we were ? To the niche ~ all the necessary components needed for an organism to survive in - the habitat, the food sources, the weather, etc. There's genearlly two different types: the fundamental niche and the realized niche.





The fundamental niche is basically the "ideal" setting for an organism, imagining a niche without being influenced by predators, competition, etc. that the organism will thrive in.

The realized niche is the "actual" setting the organism lives in. The realized niche always has some elements of the fundamental niche. However, now there's also competition for food, space, homes, and predators, so you'll find there's usually some differences.






So which niche are you ? Is your lifestyle  the 'fundamental niche', where you eat healthy, workout, etc ? or are you the realized niche  ~ where there is no schedule, dietary outlook or exercise ?


Finding a place to start is a great idea. That is where I am now. Starting over. Won't you join me for the journey ?







No comments:

Total Pageviews