About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Waist Circumference Linked to T2 Diabetes Risk, Independently of Body Mass Index


Waist Circumference Linked to T2 Diabetes Risk, Independently of Body Mass Index



It is no surprise to me to read on Diabetescare.net that Waist Circumference is linked to Diabetes.  I've learned through the years that most of our diseases/cancers are stored in our stomachs. When I first started seriously dieting, my waist size was 32 inches. Yes, you read that right.  I always thought since I had a few curves, it looked good -- yet I was not 'there' in WANTING to do something about it.  I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and the onset of diabetes. It was only then that I decided to do something about it.   That was February 2011, at 170 pounds.  My life was slowly spiraling out of control. 




With a Low Carb, High Protein Diet, AND Exercising, I was able to lose the weight. S-L-O-W-L-Y the weight came off.  I did not get this way overnight, but most importantly learned in October 2008, when I  tried my best at losing the weight the first time what would happen ..Phase I, Losing weight the wrong way !!  Losing the weight too fast resulted in hair loss, vitamin deficiency and muscle loss.

Whether your Body Mass Index is 22 or 30, Diabetes will set in if you are not eating correctly and OFTEN.  It is very important to fuel your body during the day, especially in preparation for a day of exercising. I Eat TO Exercise :)  



Today, I weigh in at 125 pounds.  I work very hard to keep myself in shape, and monitor my meals with a Low Carb, high protein diet.  I exercise many times a week by doing Bodyflow, Bodypump and RPM (Spin) . 


No comments:

Total Pageviews